Supporting Employees with ASD
These articles offer helpful information about the best strategies and information for supporting employees with an autism spectrum disorder:
- The benefits of hiring someone with autism
- Documenting progress with the soft skills necessary for successful employment
- Business Strategies That Work: A Framework for Disability Inclusion
- Adult Autism & Employment: A Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals
- Supporting High-Functioning Autistic Spectrum Individuals in the Workplace
- Workplace Flexibility: A Strategic Business Approach for an Inclusive Workplace
Additional Website Resources
Employer Assistance and Resource Network
Job Accommodation Network(JAN) – Typical and effective accommodations used in work settings
Autism Speaks – Employer Guide to Hiring and Retaining Employees with ASD
Autism Now: On the Job
The National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center offers a comprehensive website. Their Students and Families section has lots of free resources about effective transition planning from high school to adulthood, interactive websites about transition planning some focusing on employment some on post secondary options.
For more information or guidance, we offer several types of support. Check out our free Help Desk, call us at (216) 464-7600, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.