Supporting Employees with ASD
These articles offer helpful information about the best strategies and information for supporting employees with an autism spectrum disorder:
- The benefits of hiring someone with autism
- Documenting progress with the soft skills necessary for successful employment
- Business Strategies That Work: A Framework for Disability Inclusion
- Adult Autism & Employment: A Guide for Vocational Rehabilitation Professionals
- Supporting High-Functioning Autistic Spectrum Individuals in the Workplace
- Workplace Flexibility: A Strategic Business Approach for an Inclusive Workplace
- U.S. Department of Labor: Building an Inclusive Workforce
Additional Website Resources
Employer Assistance and Resource Network
Job Accommodation Network (JAN) – Typical and effective accommodations used in work settings
Autism Speaks – Employer Guide to Hiring and Retaining Employees with ASD
Autism Now: On the Job
OCALI offers an Employer Tool Kit that focuses on colleagues with autism and includes a video and companion resources designed to briefly introduce the employee with ASD.
For more information or guidance, we offer several types of support. Check out our free Help Desk, call us at (216) 464-7600, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.