Teen Services – Transition Planning
Transition planning creates improved outcomes for a teen’s adult life post-high school. Whether the student is college-bound or is pursuing employment following graduation, Milestones can provide recommendations to help the IEP team, family, and student reach these future goals.
Milestones provides in-depth consultations to families and individuals with ASD at an ongoing level of support.
Consultations help lead individuals to greater independence, increased community integration, and ultimately, an improved quality of life for them and their family.
- Assistance Seeking Funding for Transition-Related Needs
- Evolving Interests into Employment Ideas
- Finding Opportunities in the Community to Build Work Skills and Explore Job Interests
- IEP Review and Preparation
- College Preparation and Planning
Beyond the transition years, we offer assistance to families and individuals to build an adult team, create a plan, develop employment support, and integrate into the community.
Our consultations are tailored to an individual’s or family’s needs.
- Direction to Resources for Housing & Daily Living Skills Development
- Guidance to Employment Services
- Connection to Government Resources & Financial Assistance
- Social Opportunities/Community Integration
“I came to Milestones and they helped me live independently. With their help, I made friends and moved to an apartment. I have a social life that I never thought I would be able to have.”
– Molly D. Dann, Individual with ASD
$50/hour* – Family & Individual Consultations
*a reduced rate of $10 per hour is available to those receiving Medicaid, Social Security, or similar benefits.
Agency Consultations & Trainings
Milestones provides in-depth consultations and customized trainings to professionals, school districts, and agencies surrounding the needs of individuals as well as staff professional development.
Consultations and trainings are tailored to meet the agency’s strengths, needs, and identified goals. Services may include program evaluation and observation of setting prior to training.
- Pre-employment Resources
- Independent Living Models
- Employment Supports for Challenging Behaviors
- Self-Advocacy and Self-Determination for Adults with ASD
- Strategies to Enhance Vocational Outcomes
- Customized Employment Strategies and Options
$100/hour – Agency Consultations
$200/hour* – Agency Trainings
*Trainings typically last 2 hours; half-day and full-day options available. Includes travel up to 30 miles; fee incurred for additional travel.
How We Help
- Milestones’ staff helped a young adult in college structure his educational and practical experiences to allow him to be exposed to community-based work experiences prior to graduation. The youth is now a college senior and pursuing a degree in public health.
- Milestones worked with a school to help develop possible jobs post-graduation for a nonverbal student with autism. Milestones’ staff developed appropriate supports for employment and job site the student transitioned into during his last months of high school. This enabled the transition staff to be present to support the youth. The young adult has maintained his job for two years and functions nearly independently in his work site.
- A young adult was struggling to master daily living skills, thereby hindering him from moving into supported housing. Milestones connected him to a community agency that provided continuous support to master the identified goals developed with his family and Milestones’ staff. He is thriving in a supported apartment setting.
Meet our Knowledgeable Team
Our team is here for you with a background in behavioral intervention and social work.
|Beth Thompson, MSSA, LSW
Teen/Adult Services Coordinator