Teen & Adult Services – Roadmap to Adulthood Project
Milestones is at the forefront of addressing the needs of an aging autism population. Families and providers are faced with the new challenges of preparing and transitioning students into the real world of work and community living.
Milestones response to this community need is The Roadmap to Adulthood Project. This innovative program supports families and providers in creating and following through on successful transition planning.
Transition planning creates a path for the intended outcomes for a student’s adult life post-high school. Whether the student is college-bound or is going straight into employment following graduation, comprehensive planning will help the IEP (Individualized Education Plan) team, family and student reach these future goals.
Milestones also provides phone and office consultations focusing on:
- IEP review and preparations for teens
- Connecting to community resources: independent living, employment, post-secondary education, social and recreational programs
- Assistance seeking funding for transition-related needs
- College preparation and planning
Training and Workshops
Milestones training and workshops can be tailored to a specific agency, school, or family.
- Supporting Students with High Functioning ASD in the General Education Classroom
- Self-Advocacy and Self-Determination for Adults with ASD
- Strategies to Enhance Vocational Outcomes
- Decreasing Challenging Behaviors in a Work Setting