Please join Monarch Center for Autism for a STABLE Accounts training session on Thursday, January 26th presented by representatives from Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel’s office. Pre-registration is required…
STABLE Accounts – National Savings & Investment Solutions for People with Disabilities: STABLE Accounts were launched in June 2016 by the Office of the State Treasurer of Ohio. This national program is available to residents of ALL states in the United States. STABLE Accounts are made possible by the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act of 2014. This is the federal legislation that allows families and individuals with disabilities the opportunity to create tax-advantaged accounts that can be used to help maintain health, independence and quality of life, without losing eligibility for certain government benefits like Medicaid, SSI or SSDI.
- Thursday, January 26 from 10-11am in the Board Room at Bellefaire JCB (22001 Fairmount Blvd. Shaker Hts., OH 44118): Free in-person training presented by representatives from Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel’s office.
- Thursday, January 26 from 12-1pm online only: Free online webinar presented by representatives from Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel’s office.
Topics will include: What is the ABLE Act? What are STABLE Accounts? Benefits of STABLE Accounts. Who can have a STABLE Account? Enrollment process. Eligibility certifications. Funding your account. Investment options. SSI considerations. Medicaid considerations. How can you spend STABLE funds? Non-qualified expenditures. Spending from your account. STABLE card. Account cost. STABLE vs. Special Needs Trust. Helpful resources. Question & Answer. For more information, please refer to the attached PDF.
Since launching on June 1, 2016, STABLE has grown to be the largest and most successful ABLE plan in the nation! Please read sentiments below from some STABLE Account beneficiaries…
- “I can finally go to work full time because I can save the extra money I make in a STABLE Account that does not affect my Medicaid eligibility.” (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- “Using a STABLE Account and a Special Needs Trust together gives my client much broader spending power.” (SNT Advisor, California)
- “I can now invest an equal amount of money for my child with special needs as I do into a 529 College Savings Account for my other children.” (Cleveland, Ohio)