Coaching, Consultations & Trainings
Family & Individual Coaching
We know autism. We know because we live it every day, just like you. We are qualified because we have been there and are here to help, providing you with knowledgeable advice, resources for your situation, and services in your area. Whether over the phone or in an email, our coaching staff will help you plan and prioritize – for free.
Our coaching support helps parents, caregivers, and individuals become more informed and confident about behavioral and educational strategies. Contact us at 216.464.7600 — we want to help!
Common Topics Include:
- Handling a New Diagnosis
- School Concerns
- Social and Recreational Opportunities
- Connecting to Therapists
FREE up to one hour of service
“Our Milestones coach was the first person I was able to talk to who understood what we were going through. “ – Dan K., Parent
Family & Individual Consultations
For a fee, Milestones provides in-depth consultations to families and individuals with autism. Consultations help plan, prepare, and prioritize strategies at an ongoing level of support.
Consultations help lead individuals to greater independence, increased community integration, and, ultimately, an improved quality of life for them and their family.
- Attendance at Individual Education and Service Planning Meetings
- Writing of a Specific Behavior or Transition Plan
- Observation of a Student/Consumer at Home, Learning, or Day Environment
- Referral to Appropriate Community Resources
* a reduced rate of $10 per hour is available to those receiving Medicaid, Social Security, or similar benefits.
We provide in-depth consultations to professionals, school districts, and agencies surrounding the needs of individuals for a fee.
Agency consultations provide additional assistance and autism-specific expertise to address the agency’s particular needs and situation.
- Creating Support for Challenging Behaviors at Home, School & Work
- Developing Self-Advocacy Skills Across the Age Span
- Planning for Transition to Adulthood
- Pre-employment Resources and Independent Living Models
Coaching and Consultation Services are confidential.
Milestones partners with and offers customized trainings for school districts, agencies, and professional organizations for a fee. Trainings are tailored to meet the agency’s strengths, needs, and identified goals. Services may include program evaluation and observation of setting prior to training.
- Autism Interventions for School & Home
- Teaching Independent Behavior with Activity Schedules for Children with Autism
- Supporting Students with High Functioning Autism/Asperger’s in the General Education Classroom
- Customized Employment Strategies and Options
*Trainings typically last 2 hours; half-day and full-day options available. Includes travel up to 30 miles; fee incurred for additional travel.
“Milestones offers me, as a professional and a parent, the best opportunity to stay up-to-date on resources and treatment services for individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder.” – Thomas W. Frazier, PhD, Cleveland Clinic
Meet our Knowledgeable Team
Our team is here for you with a background in behavioral intervention, social work, and special education.
|Beth Thompson, MSSA, LSW
Coaching & Referral Specialist
|Helena Farkas, LISW-S