School Team Training
Milestones 2014 School Team Training
Effective Behavioral Interventions
for the Classroom
August 4-8, 2014, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Canterbury Elementary School
2530 Canterbury Rd., Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Grant-funded discounted rate for
First Ring Districts*
A Capacity Building Training for Your Entire Team
Participate in a week-long, hands-on professional development opportunity focused on evidence-based classroom techniques to teach students with autism in preschool through high school. Lecture and practical application with students with ASD and typical peers.
Learn how to:
- Plan and deliver instruction so children with disabilities can increase access to the academic standards
- Work as a collaborative team to improve student outcomes and performance
- Reduce problem behaviors utilizing the strategies of ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Manage and structure your classroom to promote independence
- Improve your IEP writing skills and data collection procedures
This training is for:
- Intervention Specialists
- School Administrators
- Speech Language Pathologists
- School Psychologists
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
Cuyahoga County First Ring Districts* – Inquire about special discounted rate.
4 + participants – $800 each
2-3 participants – $900 each
1 participant – $1,000 each
Professional Development Opportunity!
35 contact hours included in fee
2 graduate credits offered at special rate of $135 per credit hour (or $270 for the course). Awarded through Notre Dame College. Grading is pass/fail. View graduate credit details.
Many well-intentioned educators are simply not trained to teach students with autism. Milestones School Team Training is an intensive, hands-on training that focuses on effective behavioral interventions for the classroom. With the goal of improving student outcomes, school team members learn practical teaching strategies that can be implemented with students of all ages and all levels of functioning. Techniques to implement ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) in both individual teaching environments and inclusion settings are emphasized.
“I have been teaching for 14 years and consider myself a master teacher but never really had behavioral strategies to use before attending this training. It’s been the best training of my career.”
– Renee Schonhiutt, Intervention Specialist, West Geauga Local Schools
* First Ring Districts include:
- Cleveland Heights-University Heights
- Cuyahoga Heights
- East Cleveland
- Fairview Park
- Garfield Heights
- Maple Heights
- Richmond Heights
- Shaker Heights
- South Euclid-Lyndhurst
- Warrensville Heights