School Team Training & Camp Milestones
|Milestones 2013 School Team Training||Camp Milestones|
Milestones 2013 School Team Training
Effective Behavioral Interventions for the Classroom
August 5-9, 2013
A Capacity Building Training for Your Entire Team
Participate in a week-long, hands-on professional development opportunity focused on evidence-based classroom techniques to teach students with autism in preschool through high school. Lecture and practical application with students with ASD and typical peers.
Learn how to:
- Plan and deliver instruction so children with disabilities can increase access to the academic standards
- Work as a collaborative team to improve student outcomes and performance
- Reduce problem behaviors utilizing the strategies of ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Manage and structure your classroom to promote independence
- Improve your IEP writing skills and data collection procedures
This training is for:
- Intervention Specialists
- School Administrators
- Speech Language Pathologists
- School Psychologists
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
1 participant – $1,000 each
2-3 participants – $900 each
4 + participants – $800 each
(Inquire about limited scholarships available.)
Professional Development Opportunity!
35 contact hours included in fee
2 hours of graduate credit for additional fee
Registration Now Open
Many well-intentioned educators are simply not trained to teach students with autism. Milestones School Team Training is an intensive, hands-on training that focuses on effective behavioral interventions for the classroom. With the goal of improving student outcomes, school team members learn practical teaching strategies that can be implemented with students of all ages and all levels of functioning. Techniques to implement ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) in both individual teaching environments and inclusion settings are emphasized.
“I have been teaching for 14 years and consider myself a master teacher but never really had behavioral strategies to use before attending this training. It’s been the best training of my career.”
– Renee Schonhiutt, Intervention Specialist, West Geauga Local Schools
A Fun ABA Camp Experience for Children Ages 5-15 with Autism
Camp Milestones includes:
- Individualized Program from Student’s IEP
- Discrete Trial Training
- Group Art/Motor/Music Activities
- Activities with Typical Peers
Download our camp flyer for more information!
Time: 8:45 am – 11:45 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
2. All applications will be reviewed. Students will be selected based on a wide range of factors including age, interests, and level of functioning.
3. Milestones will notify you to let you know if your child has been selected to participate.
Please Note: There are a limited number of spaces available. Because of the training aspect of this camp, it will not be appropriate for children with severe behavior challenges.
Contact Leslie Rotsky at 216.464.7600 (ext. 103) or email@example.com with questions.